Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 2nd Journal Entries

Jacob and I thought we would share our journal entries for August 2, 2014.

JACOB:

This morning my brother and I went to the store to buy milk and cereal.  Then we waited an hour and a half for my dad to be done with emails.  Then we checked all the doors to the building to see how to get into the pool area.  That failed, so we went across the street to the guy who spoke NO English to see about renting bikes.  That failed, too, so we took the metro to Poblenou for lunch.  Once we got there, the place was closed so we went to a different place called the Chocolate-Box.  Caramel Latté: good.  Tiny sandwich: good.  Pineapple Sunset smoothie: great!  Nutella gelato: AMAZING!  After that we walked down the beach to the movie theater and saw X-Men which was very exciting.  We had obtained some hunger, so we went to an Italian restaurant and had pizza for dinner.  Yay!

CHRISTINE:

We have been in Barcelona for four full days.  I love being with my family--relaxing, exploring, discovering--together.  I love the adventure, even if it's not how I would plan it.  I love NOT having expectations about people, situations, or the day at hand.  I've been enjoying the freedom of having no schedule!  I think that is such a treat and doesn't happen very often.  And I've just had four days of no schedule!  I suppose most vacations are that way.  Right now we are on vacation (no commitments at the moment), but perhaps not a usual one because we don't need to "hurry up" and see everything before we leave.  We have a year to do it all!  This leaves my mind open to "sit back" and observe and absorb at a slower pace.  It's awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Villamans! We Hamiltons are so excited to read your blog! What stands out for me this morning? First, second, third tries at lots of things! And bikinis for Christine. And willllllld art. And new friends in unexpected places. And nighttime subway rides. And time. time. time. for everything. We love you and your writing! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete