Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Boys' Journal Entries, August 5

August 5, 2014

NICHOLAS

Today we did Spanish and it was the swag as usual, and then we came home, but on the way I SNUCK A SODA!!!  I got one for Jacob, too.  Anyways, we got home with nothing to do (we could go anywhere because we had to meet this random dude that nobody cares about).  So we played video games and then we got cereal at the store.  THE END.

Christine's comments:  "snuck a soda" means that he bought 2 sodas (orange Fanta which Nicholas especially has become a fan of since the plane trip) with Euros he had in his pocket, while Ray and I were opening the bank account.  Also, the "random dude" was the guy from the apartment rental company to do a walk through at our current place.  Ray and I cared that he was coming, but Nicholas apparently did not.  :)


JACOB:

Spanish classes are ok but very long (4 hours), but the teachers are nice and there is a coffee machine at the school.  Today one of the teachers let us do "graffiti" at the end of class (picture tomorrow).  Yesterday my dad and I went to get flour at the store but the people were cranky, and when my dad asked for baking soda, they say "We're closing!" and walked away.  We have found a store that has scooters, long boards, and roller blades.  Nicholas and I are considering getting some which would be swag.

6 comments:

  1. Heh guys, looks like with your charm, you will have the locals on your side! When Papa and I come over, take us to that Veggie restaurant! Papa and I are thinking of taking the cruise ship the Queen Mary over so we can skip that 11 hour plane ride. It would be fun to explore the Queen Mary and then still fly home, what do you think!? Can't wait to see the sights, you will be able to tell us which are the best ones to visit. Hope to talk Sunday or Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, the Queen Mary sounds like an amazing idea! :) Talk soon!

      Delete
  2. hey guys, it's Cody
    …did you start drinking coffee?? Hows the jet lag?
    Miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cody, it's Nicholas! I don't like coffee, but Jacob does. I am doing well with jet lag. How are things back in Truckee. Miss you!!

      Delete
  3. What--sodas?! AND box cereal too, Ay! En serio, es importante que estudien MUCHO...it's my job to say that haha! Really tho the more all u study will help so much and get so much easier every day !! Miss u guys but Saludos a todos and a super fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yona just shared your blog with me--love it. Great to see and read about your adventures. Glad the boys are spreading the swag love across the pond!!!

    ReplyDelete